1. Are your chair mats hard or flexible?
2. What are the difference between the Glass clear and the regular classic vinyl?
3. How thick are your chair mats?
4. How are your chair mats shipped?
5. Do your prices include shipping charges?
6. How long will it take for me to receive my chair mat?
7. How do I order a chair mat?
8. What is a Vent A Mat chair mat?
9. Can I get a bevel edge on my chair mat?
10. Can I order a chair mat cut different than one of your patterns?
11. What's your fax#?
12. Why can I not place an order from your site?
13. How do I change firewall setting on Windows XP?
1. Are your chair mats hard or flexible? Our chair mats are a clear flexible vinyl. They range in
thickness from approx. 1/8" - 3/8". Being that the mats are vinyl they may tend to dimple where
your chair sits so it's very important to choose the proper thickness. The thicker your carpet the
thicker your mat needs to be as noted in the material selection guide section of the web site. We
cannot guarantee you that the mat won't dimple but you reduce the chance of it dimpling by
selecting the proper mat.
2. What are the difference between the Glass clear and the regular classic vinyl? The
primary difference is the glass clear does not have a textured surface. All of our other chair mats
do. The Glass Clear looks very nice in the beginning but because the surface is not textured they
tend to show wear and scratches quicker. You can view photos of the mats by going to our Product
3. How thick are your chair mats? We have 4 different thicknesses ranging from approx. 1/8" thick
for low pile carpet glued to the floor to approx.3/8" thick for deep pile carpet with pad. Please
see our material selection guide to select the proper thickness for you.
4. How are your chair mats shipped? We roll them and ship chair mats VIA UPS ground to reduce the
shipping cost. In some situations and if requested by you we can ship orders of 10 or more flat on
a pallet. These chair mats are shipped via common carrier and the delivery address will need to have a
loading dock. There may be additional cost for shipping smaller or single mats orders this
5. Do your prices include shipping charges? No, in most cases our prices including the
freight are cheaper than our competitors who offer free freight. Do the math. To find out what your
shipping charges are please do the following. You can view the shipping/handling rate by adding the
desired items to your shopping cart. Then, click on "Complete Order" and fill out your name and
address and credit card information. Click the "Verify Order" button and you will see the total
amount. No information is sent to us until after the "Submit Order For Processing" button is
clicked. This is an easy way to find out the cost of shipping before placing an order
6. How long will it take for me to receive my chair mat? Most orders ship within 3-5 working days.
Please visit the delivery info link to see the transit time to your state from Texas.
7. How do I order a chair mat? Once you're in the site click on the Build it Icon and start
reading the instructions. This is a one of a kind website that takes you step by step through the
process of selecting the proper material, pattern/shape and allows you to order from the
convenience of your home.
8. What is a Vent A Mat chair mat? This process perforates the chair mat to allow it to breath in those
situations where the floor under your mat was not properly sealed and allows moisture gathers. The
following materials can be modified with the Vent A Mat process. The .190 classic vinyls, .220
classic vinyls and .300 classic vinyl's.
9. Can I get a bevel edge on my chair mat? Yes beveling is available on all chair mats except the
.145 materials. Once you have selected your pattern and material you will be asked to enter the
measurements. On this page you will see an option for bevel edge or straight edge. A bevel edge is
an additional fee.
10. Can I order a chair mat cut different than one of your patterns? Yes just fax us the drawing
with dimensions and include the material you want it cut out of as well as the zip code it's
shipping to. Fax# (832)-553-3249
11. What's your fax#? (832)-553-3249
Why can I not place an order from your site?
Some corporate and personal firewalls won't let you establish a secure connection with a remote
server. If you're behind such a firewall, you won't be able to place or retrieve orders from your
computer, because we use secure links for both.
There is a legitimate reason for firewalls that prevent you from establishing a secure
connection. Secure connections encrypt data, and companies may not want employees to be able to
send data outside the company in a way that cannot be monitored.
If you find that nothing happens when trying to order from our site, you are probably behind
such a firewall. If you want to make sure, try to establish a secure connection to any other site.
For example, does the following URL work?
(Note that's https, not http.)
If not, then the problem is almost certainly a firewall. When a firewall prevents a secure
connection, the solution is to use a connection that doesn't go through a firewall - for example, a
modem connection to an ISP.
How do I change firewall setting on Windows XP?
Disabling Windows XP Firewall
Some versions of Windows XP automatically install firewall protection upon installation. If you
have XP installed on your machine, you can temporarily disable this function as needed. To check
your Firewall setting, do the following:
- Open Network Connections.
- Click the Dial-up, LAN or High-Speed Internet connection that you want to protect, and then,
under Network Tasks, click Change settings of this connection.
- On the Advanced tab, under Internet Connection Firewall, select one of the following:
- To enable Internet Connection Firewall (ICF), select the Protect my computer and network by
limiting or preventing access to this computer from the Internet check box.
- To disable Internet Connection Firewall, clear the Protect my computer and network by limiting
or preventing access to this computer from the Internet check box.
To open Network Connections
, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Network Connections.
- You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group in order to
complete this procedure. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may
also prevent you from completing this procedure.
- If you clear the Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this
computer from the Internet check box, the firewall on your computer is disabled, and your network
is vulnerable to intrusions.
- You should not enable Internet Connection Firewall on virtual private networking (VPN)
connections or on client computers because ICF will interfere with file and printer sharing.
- ICF cannot be enabled on the private connections of the Internet Connection Sharing host
- Internet Connection Sharing, Internet Connection Firewall, Discovery and Control, and Network
Bridge are not available on Windows XP 64-Bit Edition.